Location: Huddersfield, UK
Manage a portfolio of spend categories and lead an IPT. Manage business critical VFM and cost out projects. Maintain accurate data and communications.
Job Responsibilities / Key Accountabilities
- Introduce strategies to effectively manage current and future supply chains, including supplier business reviews, supplier visit/audit schedules, contracts, LTAs and SLAs with key suppliers.
- Ensure SAP and other Supplier databases are accurate at all times, especially approved Supplier lists (working with Supplier Quality team), purchasing parameters, delivery dates and PIRs.
- Control the purchase order process from enquiry to invoice clearance. Purchase in line with SAP MRP demand and other authorized inputs, within the financial constraints agreed.
- Monitor changes in supply market conditions that could have a commercial affect on the business and report them to the SCM in a timely manner.
- Manage a portfolio of spend categories, ensuring all parts are available to meet the production plan and customer requirements.
- Identify and lead business critical VFM and cost out projects across all spend categories; materials, parts, subcon and indirect.
- Support business continuous improvement activities and implementing planned actions in a timely manner.
- Communicate promptly any issues that may impact on production plans and customer requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures (quality, health and safety, environmental, legal etc).
- Attend meetings and produce reports as required.
Job Requirements / Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to read engineering drawings, Experience in the procurement of indirect materials
- Min 5 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Engineering background preferred but essential
- Prepared to travel as and when required
- Ability to work under pressure
- Field(s) of Study: CIPS / MCIPS
- Computer Skills: Excel & SAP Required
- Language: English Required
Please be aware that many roles working for DBS UK will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
All candidates must meet Right to Work in the UK criteria and achieve the required security and clearance requirements to undertake this role.